Search This Blog

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!



Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! For all that you've done to raise your children and to help them grow and achieve, you deserve a whole year's worth of celebration. Let's declare 2012 to be the year of the mom.

My mom spends every Mother's Day morning with me and my dad. We have breakfast and either my dad or I wash the dishes. It's a pretty normal day (minus the dishwashing). We don't normally celebrate holidays with gifts. There's no element of surprise. My family prefers to shop together, often with hilarious/disasterous results.

The real highlight of the day for my mom is the afternoon. She, along with all her closest friends, head out to lunch. They talk, they eat and they take a million pictures to commemorate. They have a standing reservation at the restaurant. I think the owner, a mother herself, sometimes joins in on the celebration. My mom calls this day her day off. It's a weird tradition, but my mom loves it. Since this is her day, she gets to do whatever she wants.

Happy Mother's Day, mama! Don't forget to bring home the leftovers!

Mama, Auggie and me. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment